The retailer’s Black Friday promotion includes three separate offer windows that begin in early November and continue the day after Thanksgiving.
Kohl’s joins a growing list of retailers adopting month-long Black Friday promotions when the store’s holiday deals are already underway.
The company announced three separate promotion windows, each gradually increasing savings as Thanksgiving and Black Friday approach.
The big retailer’s “pre-Black Friday sale”, which runs from November 5 to 10, allows shoppers to get 15% off online and in-store on select items. Kohl’s is also offering $ 10 in Kohl’s cash for every $ 50 spent throughout its November promotions, giving shoppers an extra edge on savings. However, some items may not be included in this discount.
For those who may want to hold on to their holiday shopping until around Thanksgiving, Kohl’s will be running two more Black Friday time slots.
From November 21 to 24, the store will offer a more traditional online and in-store sales window. On Thanksgiving and Black Friday (November 25 and 26), the retailer will be running “great deals” to its customers. Although all Kohl’s stores close on Thanksgiving Day, customers can still shop for the “hot deals” online during the holidays.
Kohl’s will not be offering free shipping on Black Friday orders. However, the store will offer in-store pickup and curbside contactless pickup.
See below for some of the Kohl offers available this holiday shopping season:
Nov 21 to Nov 24:
- $ 60 off – Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch: $ 119.99 (orig. $ 179.99) + earn $ 30 + Kohl’s Cash
- $ 25 Off – Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Streaming Device: $ 24.99 (Orig. $ 49.99)
- $ 50 off – Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen: $ 49.99 (original $ 99.99)
- $ 185 off – iRobot Roomba 677 robot vacuum cleaner: $ 189.99 (orig. $ 374.99)
- $ 80 off – Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill with Air Fryer: $ 169.99 (original $ 249.99)
- $ 60 off – Instant Pot Duo Plus 6 quarts 9 in 1 multi-use pressure cooker: $ 59.99 (orig. $ 119.99)
- $ 50 off – AeroGarden Sprout Indoor Garden: $ 59.99 (orig. $ 109.99)
- $ 80 off – Powerbeats Pro fully wireless earphones: $ 169.99 (orig. $ 249.99)
- $ 68 off the K-Supreme single-serve coffee maker: $ 101.99 (orig. $ 169.99)
- $ 50 off – Theragun 4th generation massage gun: $ 249.99 (orig. $ 299.99)
- Up to 50% off Columbia, Eddie Bauer®, Lands’ End for the family
- Buy One, Get One 50% Off Toys: Including Nerf, Hot Wheels, Barbie®, Kinetic Sand, Play-Doh, Melissa & Doug and more.
Nov 25 to Nov 26:
- $ 20 off – Amazon Echo Dot Smart Speaker (4th Generation) with Alexa: $ 29.99 (Orig. $ 49.99)
- $ 100 off – Voyager Hover Strobe Self-Balancing Scooter: $ 99.99 (orig. $ 199.99)
- 50% discount on a selection of games and puzzles.
While it may seem too early to take advantage of the holiday savings, Kohl’s is just one of many department stores to retreat from the notoriously hectic one-day Black Friday event. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, and many more are ditching traditional post-Thanksgiving extravagance.
The reason? An evil cocktail of pandemic-induced supply chain disruptions, ongoing worker shortages and efforts to downsize in-person crowds as medical experts worry about the potential of COVID-19 and the flu flares.
The combination of disruptions is leading retailers to advocate a “buy it when you see it” approach, especially when the desired items come from small businesses.
Download the FOX43 app here.